Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

BDU

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:51   #1
zReaperAssassin

Arrow BDU

So, I was looking into purchasing a new set of Multicam Tropic BDU's. I currently run a set of Tru-Spec Multicam Tropic, but the thin neoprene pad for knee's doesn't suffice. Was looking into UR-Tactical, how has everyone found them? Was also looking at Semapo, but they don't have the pants in stock, only the shirt and crossing brands probably won't work, or will it? Would get official CRYE, but don't have the budget for $750 for a bdu that will get used about 10-15 times a year if you get me. Thanks in advance folks!
Old February 22nd, 2018, 13:37   #2
BobbyDangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by zReaperAssassin View Post
So, I was looking into purchasing a new set of Multicam Tropic BDU's. I currently run a set of Tru-Spec Multicam Tropic, but the thin neoprene pad for knee's doesn't suffice. Was looking into UR-Tactical, how has everyone found them? Was also looking at Semapo, but they don't have the pants in stock, only the shirt and crossing brands probably won't work, or will it? Would get official CRYE, but don't have the budget for $750 for a bdu that will get used about 10-15 times a year if you get me. Thanks in advance folks!

I love UR Tactical. Light material.

Also check out Redback

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2018, 20:55   #3
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

UR-Tac is great, but they’ve been out of tropic for YEARS, and has no plans to restock apparently. I’ve been barking up that tree for a long time.

You can always buck up for Crye’s. I did, they last years and years and are a cut above. Anyways, nothing to Crye about.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 21:46   #4
zReaperAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDangerous View Post
I love UR Tactical. Light material.

Also check out Redback
Would get Redback, but I'm pretty sure they don't use official CRYE Multicam Tropic
Old February 22nd, 2018, 21:48   #5
zReaperAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
UR-Tac is great, but they’ve been out of tropic for YEARS, and has no plans to restock apparently. I’ve been barking up that tree for a long time.

You can always buck up for Crye’s. I did, they last years and years and are a cut above. Anyways, nothing to Crye about.
Haha, on a tightish budget, otherwise I totally would. But, they do have the Advanced Fast Response pants in stock and the Direct Action Shirt. Father just bought a set, but has to get another pair of pants as the Medium-Long was too tight on the waist.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 22:00   #6
zReaperAssassin

Was also looking at Emerson and Redback, but looks like they don't use official CRYE Multicam and guessing either aren't the best of quality. Or even just getting the OPS pants as all I really am looking for is the knee pads.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:13   #7
BobbyDangerous

Quote:
Was also looking at Emerson and Redback, but looks like they don't use official CRYE Multicam and guessing either aren't the best of quality. Or even just getting the OPS pants as all I really am looking for is the knee pads.
Redback have the knee pads. I have redback pants in Cadpat and they’re built pretty tough. I’ll pop by Hero this weekend and look at the Multicam. Emerson pants are terrible and the multicam looks pink.

BA Level 3 Certified
Old February 23rd, 2018, 08:22   #8
zReaperAssassin

Quote:
Redback have the knee pads. I have redback pants in Cadpat and they’re built pretty tough. I’ll pop by Hero this weekend and look at the Multicam. Emerson pants are terrible and the multicam looks pink.
Local retailer around here, or closest one to me, sells Shadow Strategic (was Redback) and says they made it 5% different to not be sewed lol. Thinking I may go with them to save some cash then sell my Tru-Spec but not sure how Poly-Cotton is compared to NYCO.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 17:17   #9
Kungpow

Quote:
Local retailer around here, or closest one to me, sells Shadow Strategic (was Redback) and says they made it 5% different to not be sewed lol. Thinking I may go with them to save some cash then sell my Tru-Spec but not sure how Poly-Cotton is compared to NYCO.
Polyester-Cotton is going to dry faster, wick moisture better, hydrophobic and absorbs less water per weight (absorption rate). It is less durable than Nylon-Cotton.

Nylon-Cotton is going to be more durable but will dry slightly slower, wick moisture less than Poly-Cotton, less hydrophobic than Poly-Cotton and absorbs more water per weight than Poly-Cotton (absorption rate).

Both fabrics resist shrinkage due to their synthetic properties.

Both fabrics may or may not have fire resistant properties. More commonly is companies advertising Nylon-Cotton, that does not melt or drip under extreme temperatures.

Note that both fabric bends have cotton in the material. The results may change due to the percentage of cotton in the garment. Cotton is very breathable, has excellent feel, wicks moisture and does not melt under extreme temperatures. However cotton dries slowly compared to other fibers
"Cotton kills.".

There are a few more properties between the 3 fabrics, but I will keep it short.

TM Glock 18 "Upgraded"

AGM M4A1 GBBR "Upgraded"

King Arms M4A1 GBBR
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2018, 17:23   #10
Kungpow

Quote:
If you are on a budget you could buy Arc'teryx knee caps. I think they are around $60. Made in Canada too.

TM Glock 18 "Upgraded"

AGM M4A1 GBBR "Upgraded"

King Arms M4A1 GBBR
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2018, 20:21   #11
zReaperAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpow View Post
If you are on a budget you could buy Arc'teryx knee caps. I think they are around $60. Made in Canada too.
I have Alta knee pads, but all external Knee Pads eventually fall down on me at some point and annoying to constantly pull them back up.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 22:47   #12
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Emerson is bad shit. It’s an repro brand aimed at gullible airsofters.

The truth is, you’re running, jumping, mudding, crawling, sweating, falling, rolling, etc, etc, etc. If it’s BDUs, buy real-steel. 5.11, Tru, Propper, Crye, UR, Patagonia, etc. They aren’t all equal in quality and budget, but buy something that’s built for what you’re doing, not so that you look like you’re pretending to do something else.
Old February 24th, 2018, 04:29   #13
BobbyDangerous

Quote:

They have them in Multicam tropic, Redback “Shadow strategic”

BA Level 3 Certified
Old February 24th, 2018, 10:39   #14
zReaperAssassin

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Emerson is bad shit. It’s an repro brand aimed at gullible airsofters.

The truth is, you’re running, jumping, mudding, crawling, sweating, falling, rolling, etc, etc, etc. If it’s BDUs, buy real-steel. 5.11, Tru, Propper, Crye, UR, Patagonia, etc. They aren’t all equal in quality and budget, but buy something that’s built for what you’re doing, not so that you look like you’re pretending to do something else.
Comparing my Tru-Spec to the Shadow Strategic today, thinking on getting them. I play about 10 times a year or so, mainly skirmishes and indoor games. Maybe 1-2 big games a year. Not much playing so thinking if Shadow will work until I am out of school in 2 years or so, or get a budget, I will buy good shit. Finding tropic is somewhat hard on a budget, but all my gear is tropic so oh well. Thanks however!
Old February 24th, 2018, 10:40   #15
zReaperAssassin

Quote:
They have them in Multicam tropic, Redback “Shadow strategic”
Yes, I know. Comparing to my Tru-Spec today to see how close it is and if it is worth it. Otherwise probably going to have to go with Shadow

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion