Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Fix: MAG brand 55x mags in ICS 55x series

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 26th, 2010, 14:51   #1
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
Fix: MAG brand 55x mags in ICS 55x series

When I first got my MAG mags for my ICS, and they didnt work, i was upset. Mag is the only brand that makes midcaps for the 551.

Upon first observation, the ICS mag's bb holder is positioned to the front of the loading hole, whereas MAG brand places theirs behind. This led me to believe that they couldnt work.

but they can, as the placement of the bb holder is not the issue, this is a 2-part issue:

1) The bb holder/retainer sits too far into the bb loading hole. this means the loading tube sits right on the flat spot of the retainer. i found the easiest fix was to super glue a small block (of wood, in my case) right infront of the bb retainer release on the mag. this causes the retainer to sit further back inside the loading hole.

2) the mag catch is too tall. simply take a small file and file down the underside of the catch until the mag release fits. The mags are just nylon so filing is easy.

Hope this helps anyone having issues with these mags. I did this modification to 4 mags and they all feed now with no issues.
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner